14.8.10

She had her first Smile!!

Our sweet little baby P had her first smile today.  She is seven weeks one day old.  And no, it was not just gas or an arbitrary facial expression.  It was a sweet, toothless smile aimed at mom who was doing everything in her repertoire of goofy smiles and cooing to try to encourage it.  What's better is that both F and I were lucky enough to see it!  

I love this newborn period, and this time I am more aware of how time slips through your fingers amid sleepless nights, feedings and everything else that goes along with newborns.  This time I realize every day what a privilege it is to have this intense connection and be the lifeline for a sweet vanilla smelling new baby.  This time I'm not intimidated by her heartbreaking dependence on me, but I welcome it and enjoy every minute of it.  When she wakes up at night (which happens two or three times), I love just pulling her over (yes, she sleeps in our room, as does or four year old E - so shoot me!) and having her kicking eagerly against me while she feeds and then making her little newborn grunts while she falls back asleep.   I guess that is what they call Babybliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...