17.8.10

Four Good Things

A long time ago, I started a tradition of thinking of at least four good things that happened in the day before I go to sleep at night.  I know all good things are supposed to come in threes etc., but for me it has always been four.  I also know that a lot of families share the best thing and the worst thing ("i.e. the rose and the thorn") of their day at dinnertime or bedtime.  That's a good idea and it may be something we will do as a family in the future.  But for me, I like to focus only on the good things that have happened before going to sleep.  It's a rare day that I can't think of at least four good things.  Here they are for today:

1.  Little E said to me "Mama, wenn Ich Dich habe dann fuehle Ich mich immer wohl". - "Mom, whenever I am with you I always feel good".  Awwww, what a sweetie.  I might add that this was the best of the four good things.

2.  I got a new IPad - a newfangled expensive toy, but I justify it by saying that it will be our "multipurpose tool" while we travel, working as our netbook, our DVD player and travelling bookshelf.  Now we can all fight over who gets to have it at any given time ...

3.  P and I had some time to ourselves to try to do some shopping - "try" being the operative word because I spent most of my time at the shopping center sitting on various benches nursing her.  With a decorative and discreet nursing cover, of course.

4.  I managed to make a dent in the mess that is called my home office.  This is a really good thing because it is a bit out of control.

So there we have it.  Four very good things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...