16.9.11

I am a Soccer Mom

This is what occurred to me as I was driving along yesterday.  My kid had her first soccer practice this week and I stood on the sidelines watching.  Ergo - I'm a soccer mom.  Crazy.

To my former self as a butt-kicking trial lawyer, this label somehow carried a negative connotation - much like "mom-jeans".  Yet here I am, still pretty much my usual self but a soccer-mom nonetheless.   And I did not see anything particularly "soccer-momish" about the other parents who were dutyfully watching their offspring practice their first dribbles, so all is going well for now.

Here is my big girl in her new gear

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug




She must have seen this pose in connection with the sport because I saw it a few times



Little sister clearly will be a soccer star one day ...

In other news, the Pipsqueak and I continue to enjoy the somewhat quieter pace that comes along with the "big" girls being at school for part of the day.

A cafe visit

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Explorations around the Vancouver parks

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug




Now we're looking forward to our first weekend soccer-game.  Yup,  they practice a whole 45 minutes as a team before their first game - no doubt half of them will be meandering around the field looking for dandelions or wondering which goal they are supposed to aim for, but there is a promise of coffee (for the parents), juice, donuts and hotdogs (for their offspring) at the first game so a good experience is virtually guaranteed.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...